Installing carpet padding
Exactly What Are Carpet Shields?
Besides offering extra comfort underfoot, carpeting pads absorb effect from the following, relieving anxiety on carpeting backing and fibers. Thickness counts, also.
The Carpet and Rug Institute recommends that you install cushioning that conforms toward maker tips for the specific carpeting being installed.
Foam, Step forward Carpet Cushion with Nike Grind and TrafficMASTER 8-pound cushioning are recommended for structure and loop rugs.
The Carpet support Council suggests a maximum width of 1/2 inches for cut heap residential carpeting padding (carpeting with designs and twists). The pillow under low-pile carpeting, particularly berber or commercial carpet with cycle or habits, should be 3/8 inches or less.
Carpet Pad Varieties
The Home Depot is the exclusive merchant for multiple carpeting cushions or shields, including a pad made from unused Nike footwear scraps for use along with forms of carpeting.
SCOTCHGARD™ Foam Pad
The house Depot is the exclusive provider of this Scotchgard pad.
- 1/2 inch width: your home Depot’s thickest pillow
- Includes moisture barrier
- Anti-microbial defense inhibits mildew, mildew and bacteria
- Hypoallergenic durable foam
- Insulating quality to aid slow energy loss
FOAM with DUPONT™ Teflon® Surface Protector
Teflon® is a registered trademark of DuPont utilized under license by DuPont, accepted personal label the house Depot.
- 7/16-inch depth with 8-pound thickness
- Breathable moisture barrier
- Teflon® surface protector keeps spills regarding pad’s area for much easier tidy up
ACTION AHEAD Carpet Cushion, with NIKE Grind
This green carpet pad is exclusive toward Home Depot. Within a company-wide recycling effort called Nike Grind, Nike takes top quality, unused shoe scraps and directs them to Future Foam, which converts the scraps into the pillow.
- Moisture barrier
- Made out of salvaged superior Nike sports soft-shoe scrap material
- 90 percent recycled content
TRAFFICMASTER™ 6 and 8 Pound
- For sale in 6- and 8-pound thickness (8-pould created for loop and commercial rugs)
- 5/16- and 7/16-inch width
- completely recycled materials