DIY Shag Rag Rug
Rugs tend to be soooo costly, and frequently don't are available the precise size or color you need. If you're like me and enjoy winding down after a single day with a mindless, repeated task, this really is ideal for you...it's as being similar to knitting, very soothing. And also at the end you have got a cool, soft, shag carpet to enjoy!
I discovered the quickest and best method to get this carpet is by using the next tools and materials, but I'm sure that any difference will be able to work as well:
- Bent-nose pliers - i got myself these Beadalon Bent Chain Nose Pliers, Ergo design for making jewelry two many years as well as they work perfectly in making these rugs as well
- Energy textile carpet liner - you can purchase it by the yard at Joann's for around $7/per, 1/2 off with a coupon. You do NOT want to obtain the non-slip carpet shields, they may not be powerful enough and won't work.
- Jersey textile - i take advantage of Joann's Sew Classic Knits sound Interlock fabric as it's maybe not also thin, has some stretch and will curl slightly. The amount of textile you buy will depend on how big rug you wish to make. If you do it how I'm showing you, 8 yards of fabric will get you about 2 1/4' x 3' of rug, when you purchase 1 garden of this rug liner (54" large), you'll need 16 yards of material to pay for it (3' x 4.5' finished size)
- Rotary cutter - I inherited an OLFA 9653 RTY-3/G 60mm Straight Handle Rotary Cutter from my mother, so that's the things I utilize. It cuts through 4 layers regarding the fabric and that's a very important thing.
- Rotary cutting mat - it must be at the very least 2' x 3'. I inherited the OLFA 9891 RM-MG 24-Inch x 36-Inch Self-Healing Double-Sided Rotary Mat and it's really awesome.
- Lip edge ruler - I inherited this O'Lipfa 5-Inch-by-24-Inch Lip Edge Ruler and it's really the most perfect size to do the job.